Trimmed down version of 'Goblet of Fire' fine with Rowling
February 28, 2005 at 7:47 AM ET
Yahoo! News (via Sci-fi.com)
harry potter and the goblet of fire, goblet of fire, david heyman
One example: The film will not deal with the subplot involving Winky and Dobby, two house elves, and the issue of SPEW.
According to Heyman:
It's Hermione's issue. Not to say Hermione's [not important]. Hermione's a vitally important character. But you have to make some choices. ... One piece of information ... we've put into another character, which feels perfectly organic [and] works. ... The story works perfectly without [the elf story]. And we consulted with Jo [Potter author J.K. Rowling] about it, and she was fine [with it].
Other things that we can expect to see in the movie:
- Inside the Weasley's surprisingly spacious tent at the Quidditch World Cup
- A massive cemetery (where the film's climax takes place)
- A trophy room filled with silvered plaques and cups of various sizes
- The Ministry Box at the Quidditch World Cup stadium
- A faux marble Trial Chamber, which rises several stories high