Harry over 'Wizarding World'
Universal unveils 'Wizarding World of Harry Potter' attraction details
Published September 15, 2009 at 11:38 AM
Actor Tom Felton ("Draco Malfoy" in the Harry Potter films) was on hand to help Universal Orlando Resort announce specifics of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter attraction today.
The park unveiled a fly-through video showing the major points of interest, new concept art and more.
Felton had the privilege of confirming what was already expected by most fans: that the attraction will open in the spring of 2010.
Upon entering the park through the "arches of Hogsmeade," guests will be greeted by the Hogwarts Express and station, and free to roam the 22-acre park situated in Universal's Islands of Adventure:
- Zonko's and Honeydukes shops
- Three Broomsticks and Hog's Head pubs featuring British fare and Potter-inspired beverages like butterbeer
- An owlery, with the ability to send mail with official Hogwarts insignia and postage
- Ollivander's, where guests can experience a "magical" wand selection just like the book and movie, and purchase the wand
- Dervish & Banges, featuring a variety of magical instruments, including "real" remembralls and spectrespects
- Elements of the Tri-Wizard Tournament, including a Dragon Challenge: two high-speed rollercoasters in one
- Family-friendly hippogryph flights across the park (after training by Hagrid, of course)
- "Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey" -- very few details revealed about this other than phrases like "never been done before," "brand-new technology" -- but sounds like will be a guided adventure taking guests through iconic locales and experiences scenes and characters straight from the books and films.
The announcements were made today by Mark Woodbury, president of Universal Creative; Paul Daurio, producer of the attraction; and Alan Gilmore, an art director from the Harry Potter films.
Stay tuned for new pictures, videos and even more coming soon!
UPDATE: The official website has been updated with art work as well as video of the webcast which took place earlier today.
9/15/2009 11:38:26 AM
10/31/2011 11:10:08 PM