Rowling discusses last 'Potter' book, deaths
Published June 26, 2006 at 1:24 PM
from HPANA (via News Tip)
JK Rowling appeared on the Richard & Judy Show in the UK, and had a few things to say that may interest fans.
Some highlights from the show:
- Book 7 is NOT finished but she is well into it
- The final chapter for book 7 has changed slightly - two more people have died than she originally planned and one other person has got a reprieve
- Jo first wrote the final chapter in 1990
- She has regretted writing some parts where she may have boxed herself in, earlier in the series
- Jo says Ron is generally more popular than Harry -- remembers seeing an unofficial poll on a fansite reflecting this
You can read the rest of the highlights here courtesy of SnitchSeeker, but since they seem to be having
server issues, here they are for now:
- She would be willing to kill Harry in order to prevent future authors from writing sequels
- She was in denial of her fame for the first three books, shocked when the press made slight reference to Potter
- Jo mentioned she is indeed wealthy, but many stats are falsely reported
- Jessica, her daughter, is often pestered at school for upcoming book titles, plot details, etc.
- Jo has written half of another children's book in her spare time
- Her boggart would be that of Mrs. Weasley's: her children dead
- She made up the rules for quidditch in 30 minutes after a fight with her ex-boyfriend
UPDATE: You can see some screencaps of the video here courtesy of MN. Reuters also has an article online with some direct quotes.
UPDATE II: You can now watch the video of Jo's appearance on the show, thanks to Ciaran from MuggleNet.
UPDATE III: Transcripts are now available here and here.