Director Jean-Pierre Jeunet declines Harry Potter

Published October 28, 2004 at 9:25 AM
from HPANA (via News tip)

We previouslyopens in new window reported that French director Jean-Pierre Jeunet had been approached to direct the next Harry Potter movie, well now French newspaper Le Parisien reports that Amélie director Jean-Pierre Jeunet has declined to make Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.

When asked which projects he has upcoming? Jeunet replied:

Warner proposed Harry Potter 5. But they said, "You have two weeks to decide" I said to them: "Thank you & goodbye."

UPDATE: From webchatopens in new window earlier today:

Q: Is it true that you will direct Harry Potter next ?
Jeunet: Warner offered a proposal for the number five, I have the book in front of me, which I must read, but I have no idea of what will be my next film.

Once again thanks to Geraldine for sending us this update & translation.

Movies » Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Views
5674
Comments
176