Excerpt from 'Half Blood Prince' revealed
Published August 16, 2004 at 9:31 AM
from HPANA (via JKRowling.com)
Many fans awoke today to news that Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling had taken down the "Do Not Disturb" sign once again on a door at her official site.
At first it appears to be an empty room, but there's a bit more to it than that, and the prize is certainly worth the trouble. Here are step-by-step instructions for those who can't be bothered to figure it out on their own:
- Take a look at JK's noteboard (it's on the "Extras" page) for a new note at the top right. (Screenshot courtesy HarryPotteroFilme.com)
- Go the the Do Not Disturb door and open. (Screenshot courtesy HarryPotteroFilme.com)
- Turn on the light. (Screenshot courtesy itzipg)
- Throw darts. Hit the following familiar numbers: 7 1 3. (Screenshot courtesy HarryPotteroFilme.com)
- Enter the numbers found in step 1 as the combination to the safe that appears (it's 30-27-23). (Screenshot courtesy HarryPotteroFilme.com)
- Click on the piece of paper in the safe. (Screenshot courtesy HarryPotteroFilme.com)
- Read an excerpt from Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince! (Screenshot courtesy itzipg)
Highlight the following block of text to read the excerpt here: He looked rather like an old lion. There were streaks of grey in his mane of tawny hair and his bushy eyebrows; he had keen yellowish eyes behind a pair of wire-rimmed spectacles and a certain rangy, loping grace even though he walked with a slight limp.
Thanks to everyone who let us know!